FLOURISH is a mentoring journey that connects women to other women in one-on-one, real, honest, and authentic relationships.
In our context, "Flourishing" means becoming more like Jesus by displaying the fruit of the Spirit more and more in every aspect of our lives (Galatians 5:22-23).
Using the metaphor of a garden and picturing each one of us as a flower, our objective this year is to:
Turn towards the Son
- Fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our Faith (Hebrews 12:2)
Sink our roots down deep
- Trust Scripture to speak to every area of our lives (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Humbly commit to a relationship of accountability for heart transformation (Titus 2:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 5:11)
God is bigger than our failures or triumphs in faith. His Word is true and His work is sufficient. In community, we will pray for each other, encourage each other, and depend on our Lord to "walk worthy" showing His greatness (Colossians 1:9-14). Please come and join us.
FLOURISH, which was developed by Passion City Church, is a 9 month mentorship program for any woman at LAC who is over the age of 18.
START | Saturday, September 30, 2023 | Kick-off event at the church. (9:30-11AM)
END | Wednesday, June 5, 2024 | Celebration of what God has done! (6:30-8PM)
Expectations for mentors and mentees
- meet in person at least once a month
- touch base via phone, text, email at least once a week
- read and meditate on Scripture at least 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week
The Flourish curriculum covers ... topics like prayer, identity, calling, relationships, and more. Other curriculums are considered for specific needs.
If you are interested in hearing more about this mentoring journey, we will be sharing at the LAC Women's kick-off event on Wednesday, September 13, at 6:30PM.
We are accepting applications through Sunday, September 17. Please register your interest as soon as possible.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.